January 9, 2023
April 7, 2023
November 28, 2022
December 7, 2022
The Saskatoon Trades & Skills Centre (STSC) is pleased to offer a 13 Week In-Person Early Childhood Education Level 1 Course. Due to funding from RBC Future Launch, space is reserved for half of the students selected to be between the ages of 18-29. The ECE Level 1 course includes:
- ECE Level 1 course instruction + assignments
- ECE 106: Dynamics of Play
- ECE 142: Health Safety and Nutrition
- HUMD 183: Child Guidance
- Play and Exploration workshop
- Mental Health First Aid
- First Aid/CPR Level C
- Food Safety
- Fire Extinguisher
- Workplace Essential Skills
- Day in the Daycare
- 1 Week Work Placement
How to Apply
- Click HERE to Apply
- Applications to register for this course are accepted only between November 28th and December 7th (closes at 4PM)
- The online application is the only way to apply for a course. Further details are provided by email after your application is submitted. It is important to check your email to successfully progress towards being accepted into the program.
- Make sure to enter your correct email address; all details regarding your application will be sent to your email.
- Check your spam/junk folder if you have not received an email confirmation after submitting the online application or call our office for more information.
- RBC Future Launch initiative – half the students selected must be 18-29 years of age.
- A minimum language level of CLB Level 7 (or IELTS 6.5) in all four categories (reading, writing, listening, speaking). *For applicants with English as a second language*
- Proof of Grade 12 or equivalent required
- A Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search is mandatory. (Paid for by STSC)
- A direct deposit form from your bank must be provided on the first day of class. If you do not have a bank account, you must have valid ID to open an account.
- Must be able to attend 100% of in-class training as required.
- Personal laptop to access training material is an asset.
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, and must be able to provide proof of vaccination if selected for interview.