March 27, 2023
May 19, 2023
February 27, 2023
March 8, 2023
The Saskatoon Trades & Skills Centre (STSC) in partnership with Saskatoon Public Schools is pleased to offer an eight week In-Person Educational Assistant course. This program will provide participants with the fundamental knowledge, practical skills, and all certifications needed to gain employment as an EA in elementary and high schools. Graduates will have training in assisting classroom teachers to involve all students, including those with diverse and intensive needs, in classroom and school activities. The Educational Assistant course includes training in the following:
- WHIMS, First Aid/CPR, TLR
- PART, proactive and responsive strategies
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Child development basics
- Mental Health First Aid
- Proactive and child-centred behavioural supports
- Organizational, physical, emotional, behavioural, and social supports
- Communication strategies to interact with students with diverse needs
- Medication administration, seizure protocols, and diabetic care
- Workplace Essential Skills
- 2 Week Work Placement
How to Apply
- Click HERE to Apply
- Applications for this course will only be accepted between February 27th and March 8th, 2023 (closes at 4PM)
- The online application is the only way to apply for a course. Further details are provided by email after your application is submitted. It is important to check your email to successfully progress towards being accepted into the program.
- Make sure to enter your correct email address; all details regarding your application will be sent to your email.
- Check your spam/junk folder if you have not received an email confirmation after submitting the online application or call our office for more information.
- A minimum language level of CLB Level 7 (or IELTS 6.5) in all four categories (reading, writing, listening, speaking). *For applicants with English as a second language*
- Proof of Grade 12 or equivalent required.
- A clear Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search is mandatory. (Paid for by STSC if accepted to the program)
- A direct deposit form from your bank must be provided on the first day of class. If you do not have a bank account, you must have valid ID to open an account.
- Must be able to attend 100% of in-class training as required.
- Valid class 5 license is an asset.
- Personal laptop to aid with training is beneficial but not required.
- Check out the FAQ section on our website for general information about our courses.