April 17, 2023
June 23, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 29, 2023
Saskatoon Trades & Skills Centre (STSC) is pleased to offer a 10-week Intro to Construction & Roofing Basics course. This course will provide participants with the basic knowledge, practical skills, and certifications needed to gain employment as a construction/roofing labourer. Entry level labourers assist tradespersons such as carpenters and roofers by loading/unloading materials in work areas, erecting and dismantling ramps, barricades and structures at construction sites, cleaning debris and salvaging materials, and other activities as directed (NOC 75110). Opportunities exist for individuals to move up within companies over time if they display the proper attitude, dedication, and attention to safety.
We guarantee a practicum, you guarantee the job!
You will receive training in:
- Fall Protection
- Ladder Safety
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid/CPR
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Skid Steer & Forklift training
- Work Place Essential Skills
- 3 weeks of hands-on training with a red seal carpenter
- 3 weeks on the job training
How to Apply
- Click HERE to apply
- Applications for this course will be accepted from March 20th to March 29th, 2023 (Closes at 4 PM)
- The online application is the only way to apply for the course.
- A correct email address must be provided to receive critical information throughout the application process.
- Check your spam/junk folder if you have not received an email confirmation after submitting the online application
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s license, and reliable vehicle is an asset
- Must be able and/or willing to work out of town
- A minimum language level of CLB Level 5 in all four categories (reading, writing, listening, speaking) – if English is the second language.
- Must be a Canadian citizen and Saskatchewan resident to apply
- You must provide STSC with a direct deposit form from your bank for the first day of class (if you are selected for the program). This means if you do not have a bank account, you must have a valid ID to open an account.
- MUST be able to attend an ONLINE orientation + interview