January 24, 2022
March 25, 2022
December 6, 2021
December 16, 2021
Saskatoon Trades & Skills Centre (STSC) offers a 9-week Intro to Construction course which includes excellent safety training, hands-on skills with conventional and air-powered tools, experience with a red-seal carpenter, and a three-week practicum with an employer who is hiring. We guarantee a practicum, you guarantee the job!
- Work Place Essential Skills
- Fall Protection
- Fire Extinguisher
- Ground Disturbance
- First Aid/CPR
- Rights and Responsibilities
- WHMIS; SCOT
- Confined Space
- Skid Steer, Telehandler training
- 3 weeks of hands-on training with a red seal carpenter
- 3 weeks on the job training
How to Apply
- Click HERE to apply
- Applications for this course will be accepted from December 6th to December 16th, 2021 (Closes at 4 PM)
- The online application is the only way to apply for the course.
- A correct email address must be provided to receive critical information throughout the application process.
- Check your spam/junk folder if you have not received an email confirmation after submitting the online application
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s license, a reliable vehicle is an asset
- Must be able and/or willing to work out of town
- A minimum language level of CLB Level 5 in all four categories (reading, writing, listening, speaking) – if English is the second language
- You must provide STSC with a direct deposit form from your bank for the first day of class (if you are selected for the program). This means if you do not have a bank account, you must have a valid ID to open an account.
- MUST be able to attend an ONLINE orientation + interview
- Full vaccination against Covid-19 is mandatory, with proof of vaccination required if selected for interview